Sunday, May 14, 2006

Book Fair

I had a free night last night because today was the book fair at school. The girls were finally going to show off their picture books. Their mothers were invited to come down and the principal came early to set up.
My co and I didn't prepare any material to teach today, and my co didn't even bring her looseleaf to school.
The girls were edgy, waiting to go downstairs, but we didn't have permission to go yet. Instead, the girls stayed up with me and interrogated me on a number of different things. They had fun, but they were excited to finally go downstairs and greet their mothers.
I went down to find that my mother had surprised me and came to see the books. She was amazed at what some of my kids managed to put together.
The book fair was mainly boring. The girls got bored very quickly and so did I. Who wants to read a bunch of books all day?
I think the principal had expected the book fair to be amazing, and was a little shocked at how it didn't carry very well. She sent the kids up to class at 11:30, and asked the teachers to teach.
I had not prepared any lessons. I was happy for the opportunity to teach because I realized that I barely had enough days to finish my curriculum in history, but I was at a loss for what to teach.
I quickly read the history book and taught the combined class two aims in 35 minutes.
It went really well, and I'm excited that I got two aims done.
I hope the rest of the week goes this well.
Now my co is giving a model lesson in another school. I'm still hoping that she gets the job in mine. ...But I do hope her lesson goes well today too.

No comments: