Monday, May 15, 2006

Teacher's Day

I was totally taken advantage of today.
My classes were given both scrapbooking and computers during my period. I didn't teach a stitch today. I actually ran home for a half hour while my class was at computers. I drew cartoons the rest of the time.
My co had taught and then she had a model lesson so she joined me in the computer room. The kids were hyper from the extended computer session and they kept asking us to leave. My co told them to pretend today was Teacher's day and make us cards. They did.
C.O. kept begging to leave and then she got disruptive and began singing reggae in my class. She paused for a minute and then asked me to go out to the bathroom. I told her to stay at her computer and to kindly stop singing songs by M------. The class was stunned that I actually knew what she was singing. They don't have to know that I'm the guy's biggest fan. As long as they're in school, it's not something they should be singing.
Here goes the "double standard" issue again.
The day was a total waste of time, and the trip for Lag Ba'omer tomorrow was canceled because it's supposed to rain. I have to get some teaching done.
The girls were extremely hyper today, I hope I get something in their heads tomorrow.
And by the way, I'm furious at the principal for keeping me back from the high school trip. Of all days to keep me in school. I'm MAD.

No comments: