Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Freeze Pops and Tests

Ok, the tests part is already boring. Tests are tests are tests. They're all the same. I had the big class first today, and they all finished their tests on time, so I gave them some free time to go to the roof.
I was worried about the small class and how many questions they'd have, but they also finished with 20 minutes to spare, and got time on the roof.
F.G. is a pest when it comes to marking tests. She always throws a fuss trying to get me to mark her test first. She did that today too. I don't mind it so much, but I laugh to see that some girls really haven't changed all year. Their personalities are exactly the same.
All the kids were pesty today. They all kept crowding around me to get their marks. I sat on the playground slide up on the roof marking and I had girls all over me, trying to shove their papers on the top of the pile.
Welcome to seventh grade. :)
S.G.L. still hasn't come back to school. She was suspended until she made up a certain amount of work that the Hebrew teachers laid out for her. My co is tutoring her with this and I'm waiting to hear how it went.
S.G.L. needs to come back to school soon. I don't like to think of what she's doing all day at home.
Anyway, the freeze pop was the funny part to my day. Now this only was able to happen because the principal is still in L.A. and we don't have to be afraid of her popping into our classes at any moment.
I'd eaten a freeze pop during recess and I really wanted another one. The bell rang as soon as I reached for my second. My co dared me to walk into class eating it.
So I did.
I explained to the girls that I was only doing this because my co asked me to. I ate the pop as they worked on their test. The girls kept having to stop working because they were laughing so hard.
R.H. wanted to know why I didn't dare my co to do this too. I told her it was because my co would never do it.
When I was all done, I asked G.S. to take the empty plastic and deliver it to my co in the other class. The class was in stitches.
The other class told my co that I was great because I always went off topic and had funny stories to tell them.
I love getting compliments.

No comments: