Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Not Kvetching

I began realizing lately that writing on this blog has turned me into a huge kvetch. I thought about it for a while, and I decided that I will not kvetch about my day today.
I can't say I had the best day of my life, but I didn't have a bad day either.
I was off the hook for my high school workshop, so I was feeling relieved and carefree as I got to school. I hadn't bothered preparing last night, and I hurriedly read my notes during lunch.
The girls were awfully sweet today, especially my newspaper girls who were running all around school trying to collect articles from the girls in other classes.
Ok, R.H. is more of a pest than a sweet kid, but C.C.K. and E.S. are adorable. And C.S.A. and E.F.G. did a stunning job on their Dear E.T. Editors column.
I taught writing and literature today, and the classes both got into great discussions. Of course, 7b was more into what I made for supper last night than editorials, but I didn't mind.
T.K. followed me home after school because I had some of her notes sitting on my kitchen table and she needed them to study for tomorrow's test. I got a kick out of seeing her pacing around the front of my building with her sisters.
I hope you all read the comments my co and I left on "In response to my co's post." We both had good laughs about them.
My new school called my co tonight and she told the principal that she had already signed contract. The principal was disappointed, and so am I. I hope I have a good co next year.
I handed in about 10 pages to be approved for newspaper today, but because the principal is in L.A. with her mother, I had to fax them all to her.
The secretary kept coming into my class as soon as each page was approved. The students all cheered every time another one passed.
I worked like a dog on newspaper all night, and I got 22 pages done. I just have my editorial, some features pages left, and L.K. has to give me the covers. I let her have time off class to work on them and within minutes she had come back with some gorgeous designs. I showed them off to the class. I was so excited with them.
I think I'm going to make an early night tonight. It's about 10:20 now and I would love to shut this computer and take a break.
I think you'll agree I deserve it!

No comments: