Monday, May 29, 2006

Playing Hooky

Today I played hooky. It was the best day I've had all year.
I woke up early, and had to go into school for some last minute newspaper things. I wasn't dressed for school at all, wearing a t-shirt and my pink skirt again. I wore a longer wig than I'm allowed to wear to school and at least five pounds of makeup.
Of course, I came during Hebrew recess and all my students saw me. G.S. even ran after me to give me a freeze pop.
I arranged the copies for newspaper and then I went down to the teacher's room to set up some stencils for my co to give out to the class. I took a paper towel and wrote out some instructions for her. I told all the Hebrew teachers to make sure she got them. I wasn't worried.
So before my husband and I left for the mall, we went out to eat "brunch" in a local cafe. Of all people, we had to meet up with C.O.'s father. He asked me if I wasn't supposed to be teaching his daughter today, and when my husband laughed, he promised he'd keep my secret.
We ran off to the mall then before we were busted by anyone else.
I had a great day just walking the mall with my husband, and then we went to visit some family. I called the school to make sure my newspaper was getting done, and the secretary grudgingly agreed to check up on my hard work.
I spoke to my co later, and she told me that the day went great except for four girls who just did not show up to her class.
She had to call G.S., H.W., R.S., and C.K.'s mothers to tell them that tomorrow during lunch they had to stay upstairs and make up all the work they missed today.
I have to say that if that was all the drama my co had today, she is one lucky child.
I can't say I'm refreshed and ready for school tomorrow, but I did enjoy my day off.
I know that tomorrow and Wednesday will be great days because they're my Hebrew and English birthdays.
This week seems to be off to a good start. Keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes up for the rest of it!

No comments: