Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Oh Brother!

Literally. I had to speak to the principal about my brother.
My parents are going away for a few days, and they're dumping two kids on me. Two boys, ages seven and four. The four year old has no school Sunday and I have no place to leave him. I had to go ask the principal if I could bring him in.
She wasn't thrilled. Far from it. She asked me if I could find another place to leave him. I said I'd try, but it didn't seem likely. She thought about it and told me to ask her again Thursday.
Aghh. I need to know these kinds of things now!
The principal also did a quick approval of the plansheets I created for the girls to organize the information they'd need to write their critiques on the literature novel we just finished.
Heard that? WE FINISHED!
I don't get the principal. That's nothing new actually. Today's confusion is about these critiques. Officially the girls are supposed to do a short book review on the novel. I went to the principal for some material to use, and she gave me this loooong list of requirements.
These students have every right to be upset.
I went home last night and broke my head to simplify it all for them. They have no idea what I do. In addition to the plansheet, I also broke down every paragraph in their essays, telling them what to write where. ...And I'm giving them class time to do this!
My girls were so inappreciative. The 7a class, was actually quite cute about it all. We went through the plansheet and discussed some interesting parts to the book. The girls made fun of me because my favorite character was a guy who got on the main character's nerves. They think I only like him because he was handsome.
I dunno where these girls learned about guys, but they were half right. ;)
I liked the character because he was good looking, funny, and smart.
Focus off me and back to class. The 7b class, were horrors today. T.K. has such a fresh mouth, I can't stand her sometimes. She was shooting it off today about the principal and her projects. She totally has no idea what I do for her.
She also wanted to take my final a week late. I refused. I don't care if she fails. At this point, I just want to mark them all, get the report cards out, and LEAVE! T.K. is so not part of my plans. :)
R.H. needs a good slap. My co agreed to this too. Problem is, she can't sit still long enough for me to give her one. She won't write notes, and she insists on jumping up, calling out, and basically doing whatever she wants in my classroom.
I would call her mother, but she's known to be uncooperative. I think I'll have to talk to the principal.
H.W. and A.L.'s mothers need to be called as well. I don't have either of their editorials yet. They were due a week ago. I don't have time to call the mothers; maybe I'll just leave that to the principal too.
L.O. and C.S. were acting up again today. Their mothers deserve a call too.
I'm not going to kid myself. I doubt I'll ever call these mothers. I'm so out of here, I don't have the time and patience to deal with their problems. Especially when there are only about 10 English days left to school.
I just want to make it through.
One more long aim in history to cover. I'm so excited. Chapter 18 will be done outside of the book, no test. After Monday, I'm free!
Gotta focus on the literary critique now and reading and analyzing a play in our books.
School's almost over baby!
Oh, I had a funny conversation today in the teacher's room. The teacher's were all hounding me for my manuscripts. I have a few I'm working on, some finished, and some in the middle of getting revised. They are so desperate to read some of the things I wrote.
They can keep dreaming, my writings are going under a pen-name so I would never let them see what I've already written.
I was thinking what would happen if I told the teachers that I wrote a blog. I wonder how many of them would read it, and I wonder how much trouble I could get into!
The Hebrew teachers know I have this blog, although they don't have the address. One of the Hebrew teachers was telling me how she wished she had something like this to keep track of the different patterns our students repeatedly act out. I told her it's definitely a great idea for next year, but it sure is a lot of hard work.
I enjoy it all though. And the part I enjoy most? Seeing the counter at the bottom of the site go higher and higher every day.
If I reach 500 before the end of the school year, I think I'll make a party.
Keep coming!

No comments: