Wednesday, August 02, 2006

No Paycheck, but Another School Year

Not surprisingly, I haven't gotten my last paycheck from my old school yet. Not only that, but they haven't even had the decency to return my call after I left a message. I am so annoyed. They can call me and pester me for my sheets and stuff, but when it comes to my paycheck, they all disappear.
But my new school sent the nicest letter and a school calendar. I have a load of vacation next year!!! My midwinter vacation is going to be, Friday, Shabbos, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! That's like a whole week!
And I don't have school Sundays and every other Friday, and on some legal holidays too. I'm so happy. Still nervous, but happy.
I got the funniest letter today in the mail. The high school of my old school sent me a school calendar and a welcome letter. I think they think I'm coming back. I spoke to the principal about leaving and she was ok with it all, but I have a feeling she either forgot, or she hopes I forgot, or she didn't get anyone to replace me yet, so my name is still on their list.
Whatever the case is, I'm not going to show up there anytime soon, I think they're going to find themselves stuck! :)
I have been speaking to some of my friends coming home from seminary, who all want to be teachers this coming year.
They don't want to hear it, but they're being entirely too unrealistic. Some of them may find jobs, but the others, who are putting off good opportunities for the hope of getting a teaching job, are really going to be disappointed. I have a friend who refuses to be an assistant, refuses to sub for a year (which is what I did), and only wants an older grade. She also only wants to teach history and science which are two subjects that don't come together in a departmental grade.
Oh well. I learned by making mistakes, and they'll have to make their own too. I just wish they would at least read this blog to see what it is they're getting themselves into.
By the way, I just got my Teacher With Heart assignment back from my instructor. She loved it, but she felt there were parts that were a little vague. I can understand what she meant, but I don't think that any of you readers who've been keeping up with the blog had any trouble understanding the vague parts and filling in the blanks for yourselves. :)
I also met C.O.'s mother who told me that C.O. and S.G.L. are still going strong. Not that I care anymore, but I do know what their next year teacher will be dealing with!

No comments: