Sunday, August 13, 2006

Vindication!

Hee hee hee hee hee!
My friend B.Y.S. was looking for a teaching job for this coming year, and as much I kept telling her she wouldn't find one now, she insisted on acting stubborn.
So when I heard that my old school still hadn't found a teacher to replace me, I told her to call. I hated thinking of her taking a job there, but if that's what she wanted, I was going to do anything to help her. After all, if I survived there, I guess anyone could.
B.Y.S. called me to tell me that the principal had called her back and asked to meet her about the job. Right off the bat my friend told her she didn't want the job. She cooked up some excuse, and said no.
I asked her what she was thinking as she seemed to want the job so badly. She told me that after I had had a miserable year she was not about to subject herself to all that. I feel sooooo good.
Just two nights ago, a neighbor of mine called. She had also applied for the job. I couldn't control myself and blurted out what a stinkin place that was to work. I went on and on and on about it.
She told me that money didn't mean anything. I told her that she didn't know what she was talking about. Maybe she didn't need the money right now, but as soon as she would realize how awful the job was, she would realize that not only would she not be getting appreciation; she wouldn't be getting money either.
She told me that the principal had asked her how she took criticism. I told her that was only the beginning, and that criticism was not the word.
I must've gone on for about a quarter of an hour, just bashing the job. After a bit, I felt bad for scaring her, so I told her to do the model lesson, be creative, and let me know from there. I did tell her that there was no other school that was going to prepare her and train her in as well as that one. I reassured her by saying that it was manageable and that I was sure she could do it. I promised that if she got the job, she could call me and I would give her my notes.
I fell bad for her, she's a year younger than me, straight out of school, and really wants a job. Listen, it's her life, not mine. But secretly, I do wish that my old school starts off the year missing some teachers. It would make me feel so good.
My husband says I'm being obnoxious. He's right. He says I should just forget about them and focus instead on my new job and him.
He'll never change.

No comments: