Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I Can't Drive

In about 20 minutes I'm supposed to be leaving to my teacher's orientation, and I'm supposed to be driving there with three other teachers in my car. I just figured out though that my driving stinks. I have a feeling it's a bit too late to learn to park.
I was up till who knows when last night sorting out all the junk I had accumulated over the past year in school.
My old principal's sheets and stencils and whatever other garbage she gave me went straight to the garbage. I had a folder that was 1000 pages thick that my old school had give en out last year during orientation. I had never even opened it. I went through it last night to see if maybe there was anything in there worth reading, and I took out ten pages or so and dumped the rest. It felt goooooood.
I worked hard typing up a writing introduction for the year. It turned out to be 10 pages long. I plan on using it in both 7th and 8th grade this term. After that assignment I'll have to figure out where to go from there.
My principal still hasn't gone over the curriculum with me, and I'm a little bit of a nervous wreck. History is prepared up until June, I just have three more lessons to go. That leaves me free nights for marking papers, making suppers, and working on a holocaust project I plan on doing with the girls when I get up to there.
I heard that the tzniyus rules in my new schools are that if you're married, you have to cover your hair. That's basically it.
I can wear long wigs with natural parts, I can wear black tights, and maybe even socks under a long skirt. Nail polish is so not a big deal, and I still have to find out about hoods. I have this adorable orange hoodie I'd love to wear. I have a feeling that the teachers here don't wear suits as much as the teachers in my old school did. I think this place is a lot more laid back. Yay!
Right now I should get my stuff together for the orientation, so I'll write more later.

No comments: