Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Name Game

The 8th graders did amazingly on their tests, and I am very proud. The only girls who scored lower than average were R.Y., T.B.N., and M.S.
R.Y. got in the 80's, which is pretty nice, but I thought she'd get higher, especially because C.F.C. got a 92% and D.F. got a 90%, and these are girls who have learning issues.
M.S. studied hard with her tutor, but she didn't do her essay. I decided to be nice this time and until I talk to her tutor, I marked her without counting the essay. She got an 85%. She would've gotten a 65%.
T.B.N. failed. She answered less than 10 questions and got 3 of them right. I spoke to her and she seemed at a loss. The principal had told me that she had a problem and that her parents refused to acknowledge them. I could see she had problems from the first day of school, but I never dreamed they'd be this bad.
I spoke to her about taking an easy test and she seemed willing to try anything although she didn't believe anything could work. I have a feeling this is another R.R.
Seventh grade was cute today, and all they wanted to know was my name. They knew what it started with and they drove me nuts trying to guess. Finally, they ran to the 8th grade and got it from them. They were in 7th heaven that they knew my name LOL.
I think that in the end I'm just going to screenprint the senior sweaters because this embroidery thing is way too complicated.
We'll see. Right now I'm just happy I have off for yom tov and that I have a break until Tuesday.

No comments: