Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Yom Tefila

Every year during the aseres y'mei teshuvah, there is a huge hookup organized between about a zillion different schools, and they all daven mincha together.
Today was the chosen day this year and it meant that I got to waste about two hours of class time.
I feel that this is a beautiful thing but it's a shame to waste it on kids who can't understand what a yom tefila is all about. They see it the way I do...as a way to waste class.
The girls were totally lost during davening and they were talking and waving to their friends from other schools instead. Actually, from what I could see, my girls were the most well behaved of those there.
I think that the yom tefila should be done with high schools instead, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the yom tefila of the tinokos shel bais rabban, doesn't it?
When we got back, I took the 8th grade for about 25 minutes and we voted on senior sweaters and then finished up The Necklace in literature.
Seventh grade was slightly immature today. I heard from my substitute yesterday that S.N.K. and E.M.B. didn't stop talking all day. I'm so shocked. I didn't even know the kids could talk.
We also did some literature there. We got as far as predicting the title "Stolen Day," when the bell rang.
Now I'm home and I'm all dressed up and nervous, waiting to leave to parent orientation. I have no idea what I'm going to say to all those parents there!!!

No comments: