Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Setting the Mood

I spoke to the principal about B.B. today. Turns out the Hebrew teacher beat me to it, and the science teacher was also waiting to talk to her. The principal totally understood me, and she said that B.B. would have to be sent back to a special school or something. Turns out B.B. lives with her grandmother because both her parents are mildly retarded. I feel so bad, and I know that leaving the school will absolutely crush her. The principal said we should all be nice to her and make her understand that leaving is the best thing.
Class itself was a ball. I scheduled history tests in both classes for next week. 8th is having one on the civil war and 7th on early civilizations in America.
During recess I spoke to the 8th grade about their G.O. and yearbook jobs and they were all excited to meet their yearbook teacher. I refused to tell them who she'd be, and I definitely don't want them to know she's my sister...yet.
I'm trying to reach my sister so that she could come to school tomorrow, but newly engaged, and being that it's her birthday, she's impossible to reach. Oh well.
Seventh grade had the greatest time with literature today. We're still filling in the definitions of our literary terms sheets and today we went over moods.
I described to them the mood of a scary scene in a play I once watched, and I had them all shrieking along with the turns of the story.
We ended off laughing in a great mood.
S.E. and S.G. are totally becoming my favorites in that class. E.L. and A.S. and R.B. and M.B. and H.B. and D.A. aren't bad either. 7th grade is shaping up.
In 8th we also had a nice Harry Potter discussion today. Now that I don't have to be careful when talking about him, he's a great example to use in my lessons; the girls all know who he is, and can totally visualize what I'm trying to tell them.
I don't know why I felt so tired today when I got home, but I'm trying to make an early night.
Whip 'em tomorrow!

No comments: