Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sub Business

Nothing much happened today, but I spoke to my co and we both see a problem with the achdus in 7th grade. They have had good leaders before, but they were all bad influences, and they were sent away from school. So now the 7th grade is just a bunch of pairs of friends, but not a class of friends.
They are overshadowed by the 8th grade and could use more attention, but we have nothing to do for them if they can't work together.
I heard about it from my sub already. She said that the 7th grade hadn't been a nice experience because they weren't cute doing trouble in ones and twos.
I spoke to the 7th grade about it today. Not in a bad way, but in a mature way, so that they could understand that it was all about them, not about a sub.
I told them that I didn't want to think about any of them in a different way and that I purposely did not ask the sub for names of the girls who misbehaved. I asked them if they could make the commitment to behave and do better the next time around so that the teachers could see that they do deserve some special things.
The girls all understood what I said, and I hope it works. Now I have to make sure that my sub will come back when I need her this week.
I'm leaving to Israel for Sukkos Wednesday night and I'll be missing Thursday. I'm so excited!

No comments: