Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm Back!

Hey everyone. I'm back from a long Sukkos break. Aside from a bumped flight, some lost suitcases, stolen jewelry and a bit of jet lag, Sukkos in Israel was beautiful.....But I'm glad to be home and back to work.
The sub that came in the day I left lost the sheets I gave her and showed up an hour late. I was a little horrified when I heard.
I'm back now and extremely pressured. I scheduled tests in both classes for next Tuesday and I spent all day Monday and last night making them up. I just finished making up the 8th grade test and I still have to make up the easy tests for both classes.
I began teaching essays in 7th and the Letter to Self in 8th. Writing is finally getting somewhere, but when I have the time I will have to sit down and figure out my curriculum for the year.
The principal wants to meet with me Friday morning to talk to me about reading groups in my classes. I'm so not looking forward to more work now.
I have to organize a history project for my 7th grade, and I'm just glad that I'm way ahead of where I was last year this time.
My niece is getting married Monday so I'm under a ton of pressure to get all my papers in by the end of this week so that next week I can have everything ready without having to prepare after nights of sheva berachos.
My sister is supposed to be coming in for yearbook tomorrow and we spent a long time tonight going through the pages we plan on putting in there. It sounds nice.
I finally ordered the senior sweaters, and they should be here before the end of the month. I'm so excited.
I brought back red strings from kever Rachel for all my students and it was so cute how they kept trying to pronounce the words "roita bendel." I just love these kids.
The 7th grade Hebrew teacher made a seat change and I absolutely hate it. C.S.S. and S.N.K. are always talking, and they sit in front of my nose! You would think they would be a little more scared to act up in the front seats!
D.A. and S.G. are also becoming chummy in the back row. I'm having a hard time navigating the classroom now. I barely learned their names and now they're all mixed up again!
Anyway, I'll try to post tomorrow, but with the mess my life is in right now I can't guarantee anything.... I will try though, so keep coming back!

No comments: