Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Gym and a Day Off

My life is a wreck until sometime next week. My niece's wedding was yesterday, so with all the rushing I had to do on Sunday, I didn't get to prepare much. I came to school Monday without a piece of work to give my classes.
Lucky for me, 8th grade had gym so that took up half my period. The other half was spent writing their letters to self.
Seventh spent their time with independent reading and writing a history essay.
I rushed like mad to get home so that I could make it to the hall in time for the makeup artist to do my face. I had 9 people in the car including myself. 3 in the trunk, 4 in the backseat, and one in the passenger near me. I'm just lucky I didn't get a ticket.
Whatever the case was, I made it to the hall on time, and I didn't get home until about 5 am this morning.
I had to go to school anyway, but I had scheduled a test, so I sat and had a day off.
I was disappointed though, when marking the tests, because the averages were terrible. 8th grade had an average of 87, and seventh is going to be much worse.
I know it has a lot to do with the two week sukkos vacation, and that the material was a lot of memorization, but still. I feel bad about it.
M.S.'s mother asked me to call her, and basically, she is another S.G.L. She has way too much pride to take an easy test, but her confidence is shot because she keeps failing.
I thought she seemed like she knew the test today, but when I marked it she got a 63.
T.B.N. took a special test and got a 73, and that was only cause I was being nice.
C.F.C. also had a hard time with the test, but at least she'll talk to me about it so that we can work it out.
C.K. in 7th grade failed her test too, and so did S.G. I didn't get to mark the girls with the special tests, but I already know that S.S. is going to fail.
I think I officially hate N.N. and D.A. N.N. went out of her way to show off things she knew but that we didn't learn in class on her test. What a kiss ups.
D.A. kept her test until I dismissed the class and then made this huge fuss about how she for sure failed it. She got a 90 something. EW!
At the end of the day, B.G. and D.Z. in 8th came to ask me if they could take a picture of me in glasses. I told them yes, but then D.Z. snapped a picture, without permission, of me on the phone. I heard from other teachers that they have been going around the school snapping pictures of teachers. I had explicitly warned them against using their cameras without permission, and I think I will confiscate D.Z.'s for a week. I want to get the principal to speak to them about it tomorrow.
7th grade has been getting on my nerves lately. They wait outside in the halls to see if I'm coming and then scream, "She's coming! She's coming!" I told them off for that a couple of times.
Yesterday, some girls locked the classroom door and half the class, and myself, could not get in. Today, they started shrieking in the halls when I came out of the office.
I yelled at them big time today, but I think the principal needs to go there too.
talking about S.G.L., I met her today. She was with two girls, dressed all fancy, and she looked me up and down but ignored me. Just as well. I'm glad I don't have to take care of her anymore.
Tonight is my last year's co's wedding.
I hope I make it back from sheva berachos tonight to get to her.
I'm way too busy to keep this blog.

No comments: