Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Observed, Rested, and Had a Good Day

Today the principal came to observe my class. She put a note in my locker to schedule the sit-in last week, so I knew to prepare a good lesson.
I was so easygoing during that class... such a difference from last year.
The lesson was fun, I taught about why America is divided into the North, South, and West, but no East. I used funny examples to illustrate my point, and it worked well with the girls.
By the time I hit seventh grade I was dead tired and couldn’t stand anymore, so I just got them all excited about a history project and divided them into groups. A.S. started giving me problems about her group, but I refused to make any switches, so she’s stuck. She was cute about it, but if she just sits there without doing her work, it’ll show up on her mark.
H.B.’s mother had asked me to call her to discuss sending work along to Israel with H.B as she was going for two weeks. I couldn’t call her because of my schedule this week, so she sent a letter to school today.
I’m so embarrassed. I sent one back and photocopied notes for her. I hope her mother’s happy.
M.S.’s mother was supposed to call me about her test, but she never did. That means she won’t get through to me until Friday. Too bad.
The office in this school is so funny. They make sure to set aside food for me when I come in recess time because lately I’m always hungry. They are the cutest people.
I love this school.

No comments: