Wednesday, March 21, 2007

First Day Back!

I was a nervous wreck today, and almost cried when I left Jellybean at the babysitter. He made the cutest faces at me as I was leaving and I was sure I was going to cry all day missing him.

I took the bus to school because I still haven't driven the car since the accident and mu husband wants me to practice a bit before I begin driving to school again and with the baby in the backseat.

In school my students kept peeking their heads into the office to make sure I was really there. Sooooo annoying!

I opened up my notes and almost cried in the office because I was so overwhelmed.

8th grade would not let me walk in on time because they were busy cutting up confetti and stringing streamers across the room.

I came in and they started dancing and I felt kind of dumb. LOL

I let them party and give out nosh and answered a zillion questions. TG made sure to tell me how thin I was now and CFC, as annoying as ever, made sure to tell me how much she liked my shoes and clothes and how much she wanted to give me a hug, and how much she missed me and how much she'd improved in reading and blah blah blah.

I read them the story of Harrison Bergeron because it had to do with the literature story they are reading now - and because I was not about to teach today.

I had a hard time getting them to shut up long enough to listen to me. BK wanted to tell me all about how she was a holy terror by the sub and how she walked out of class on a daily basis. ARGH.

DF made me a beautiful sign, and RS went around bopping everyone with balloons.

I had an awful time getting them to daven mincha and to clean up the classroom. TG especially was a pest and a half.

I literally had to drag them out to recess, but then DZ cut herself and 10 kids came inside to bandage her up. I should have done it myself as I doubt my students are licensed in first aid.

I spoke to my co and caught up with the last 6 weeks. She had been thinking of leaving the school to get a job closer to where she lives, but turned down an offer she got because she said nothing could compare to this school.

I printed the entire holocaust book for my principal and it was almost 50 pages. I'm a little embarrassed about what an idiot I am. I never got a book like this in school, but I felt it was important to do it for my students. Principal was more than impressed though, so that's good.

Seventh grade was sooooo dumb!

The classroom stinks to high heavens and its not a deodorant smell, so I cant even give them a speech. They think its some dead animal stuck in the ceiling. Oh sugar.

The girls had their desks in a U and they played a dumb hangman game and word search that SS took care of. I'm amazed at how SS took charge. 6 weeks ago she was this quiet little nothing.

Talking about a quiet nothing, SNK has gotten soooooo weird. I never even knew she could talk, but today she shrieked every time someone touched her desk. I asked the Principal about it and she said that she had done that in 2nd grade and that it was sooo strange that she was doing it again.

CSS was as full as issues as ever, and CK and EMB are still part of her fan club. Ech.

DA was yum, and I'm going to miss her this week because she's going to Israel for yom tov.

SE!!!! OMG did I miss her!

And MB dressed up as me and brought in a little baby doll even and paraded around pretending I had brought him into school. Yummie!

RB and EL and SG and AS and HB - i missed them a lot.

The girls put on a skit and of course, RA was as annoying as ever. NN made me a card and a little card for JB where she told him he was cute and that he should let me sleep.

Er. Okay.

Tomorrow will be the real going back to school day because then I'm actually teaching.

Wish me luck!

No comments: