Friday, March 23, 2007

Tired and Teaching

Yesterday I actually taught both classes a full aim in history. The 8th grade was so happy to finally be back to the schedule where I ended an aim every day.

I just opened my arms wide and asked "missed me?"

Hebco is at it again. 8th grade has no school Tuesday so that they can help out at home for Pesach. Usually, 7th grade would have had off as well, but not this year.

Hebco asked the principals to give school Tuesday for 7th because she needed an extra period to teach them in. That means that on Tuesday I need to come in from 2:30 - 4. I need to travel and find arrangements for JB just because Hebco needs to finish another posuk.

I told the principal that if Hebco needed another day- let her teach my period for me Tuesday, I don't see why I had to come in. I'm fuming.

*shakes**cries**slams fist into wall**ouch*

I'm sooooo angry.

JB was up the ENTIRE night last night and of course today was an English Friday, so I had be up and out bright and early.

I gave 8th grade a study period for their open notes test on Monday, but all they wanted to do was schmooze and ask about JB.

Finally, we got to talking about the stock market and I went 10 minutes into recess teaching the most amazing lesson I'd never prepared.

The girls were so into it and now I just hope they can remember it all for next chapter when we learn about the Great Depression.

Seventh grade was great today, and as a treat for ending the chapter in history, I taught them a trick to help them remember numbers and dates and things like that in the future. They were so cute about it.

At the end of the day, I walked out of the class before all the buses were called- I needed to go to the office and load up on chocolate. I was zonked.

The principal took one look at me and told me to make sure to rest over Shabbos. As if.

Hubby wants to drug the kid up with benadryl so that we can get a full night. Crazy men.

No comments: