Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rundown of the Day

Here's the rundown of the day that I had no time to post about.

I started going to school later and later because I figured that if I left a little later and came home a little earlier instead of coming to school early and hanging out after school for a bit, I can save almost an hour a day at the babysitter's where I drop JB.

I never imagined two weeks could be enough to change a mindset about money. I guess you learn something new every day.

I got to school about 12:25, to find that the office was busy editing the yearbook yet another time. There is no way the girls will be getting their yearbooks at graduation. If the school schleps us one more day I'm going to tell my sister to just drop it all.

I love my school and my job, just can't take the pressure when there are deadlines to meet.

In the 8th grade I finished the WWII chapter and read them The Wave and still had time to do The Giver. I am getting good in my old age. :)

The principal is shlepping on my Holocaust book and I wanted to start it today, but it wont be ready for at least another week. I think I'm going to have to start teaching the Cold War Era before I get to the Holocaust. Blah.

Index cards were interesting. TG wrote on hers that she was so sorry for bringing up my whole cancer thing, but her mother was sick and the doctors were doing tests on her for three years now and had no idea what she had or what to do. I understood her and felt pretty bad, and told her it was not a problem and that if she ever needed anything not to hesitate before asking.

She's my student; that's the only thing holding me back from giving her my cancer blog address. Maybe at the end of the year when I wont be coming back anymore I'll email her the link.

She wrote the most beautiful letter as a journal entry this week and I told her that I copied it and saved it- I didn't tell her that I wanted to post it on both of my blogs. Maybe I'll tell her the last day of school.

I won't be posting it on the cancer blog for a while yet- until I get up to date, but I can out it here for now.

***

Life
by TG

Life is a journey full of its ups and downs. It's full of feelings that are without name and indescribable. That's Life.

There may be a sharp turn on the way, right where you wish it wasn't. I guess that's just life.

You can take it as a molehill or a mountain- it all depends on how you look at it. That's life.

There are ways that a person may want to present themselves, as a happy, cheerful, funny and kind person, but in reality, you will never really know how they feel inside. There are feelings like love and hatred, like happiness and sadness. Even though you may want to be the one that always has a smile on their face, it doesn't always work like that. That's life.

Your family and friends will always be there to help you, but only you can really help yourself. That's life.

There will be many people that have a story to tell of their own survival of that sharp turn. Listen to them with a full heart because you never know that could chas v'shalom happen. It may seem like Hashem is out to get us, but if anything, it's just the opposite. We see it as that because we are only human. That's life.

***

I was so moved by this piece of paper written by TG- a student I didn't even know could write, much less say a straight word without trying to make a joke out of everything.

Anyway, back to school.

Seventh grade finished a chapter in history and I scheduled their next two tests. They're not happy, but I need to finish my curriculum.

After school I told the principal I was not coming back. She didn't pry, but she was kind of upset. She praised me to high heavens' the usual "acharei mos kedoshim thing". LOL

At least I will be leaving knowing that I had a great year in a great school that really liked me.

Okay, 24 days to school left- going to tackle on of them in less than an hour. Wish me luck!

No comments: