Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My Kids are Nuts!

My students are nuts!

One girl in the 8th grade wanted to know why America felt the need to butt in when other countries did things they didn't like.

So I compared our country to the stranger old lady in the street who thinks she has the right to tell us how to walk, how to talk to our younger siblings, what to eat, and when to cross the street.

The girls had a good laugh when I told them about this stupid old woman who had stopped me just that morning to ask me what I ate for breakfast.

I told the lady I had eaten half a jar of Pringles and an ice cream bar and some chocolate and she then asked me if I went to the gym 5 days a week to keep my shape.

I didn't tell my students how I snobbed her out and told her that I was only so thin because I had been on chemo and never gained back all that weight. The lady ran away as if cancer was catchy, but that part I left out.

RS then piped up and said she had heard of a bunch of times where I knocked people dead when I was sick and bald.

My chin still hurts from where it banged into the desk on the way to the floor.

RS and the class were all into how they asked everyone they knew about me and when I was sick and they collected an impressive file on all my teenage escapades. Talk about embarrassing.

I couldn't get a word in the entire lesson because they were so busy asking me questions of when I was bald and if I cried when I got sick and if chemo was really really bad and if I thought I would die.

I couldn't believe I was letting them get away with it. I mean, I got my lesson plan done, so time was not an issue, but they were pushing it so far!

RS took out my scans that they had gotten in Science (not knowing it was me) and tried to show it to me. I took out my copy and the class was shocked to see that mine was on photo paper as opposed to a photo copy. TG was dying to know how I had the original.

BK piped up, "Because it was her you dummy!"

The class was going nuts. So was I. I never blushed so much in my life.

TG was all like. "Mrs. _______, I'm so going to buy one of those frames that say 'role model' at the top and put you in it and hang it up and take it with me to camp to look at every time I want to get homesick and cry for a stupid reason etc."

Kiss up!

DZ my little attention seeker who is always telling everyone she is FAT when se weighs as much as I do (and I'm still in the double digits) decided that she also had bumps in her neck. Today during recess she decided she had cancer because she got out of breath very quickly.

Oh grow up. What did she think? I was going to feel sorry for her? She came over to me to ask me if she could feel bumps in her neck even if she was fat.

Oh EW.

The principal came in and had the girls all try on graduation gowns. They looked sooo cute! ...Even though the gowns are soooooooooooo ugly. LOL I graduated in the same ones... I do not miss those days. 8th grade graduations are so pathetic.

I was so tired today, so I promised the girls that if we got the history lesson done quickly, I'd read to them from the Wave for the last half hour of the day.

I've never had them quiet for so long.

They tried getting me to jump rope with them, but me jumping rope is a sorry sight, so I just offered to turn for them.

My co came over to talk to me about SNK who is getting into major trouble these days for being an obnoxious brat. She is so maladjusted because of her messed up parents. Poor child. Her latest shtick is to scream when anyone touches her desk and to pour water over other girls.

I wanted to talk to CSS about her good behavior lately, but just today, she interrupted my 8th grade class to call a girl out for fun. Out the window...And then later the principal called her out for some other crime so...

The yearbook is uhmazing. I saw the printed stuff that my sister sent to school to be proofread and its pretty wow. Now I have to make sure she gets paid for this :(.

I was asked by the principal if I was coming back to school next year, and I told the principal that while for now it was a yes, it might turn into a no.

She asked why and I told her that I felt I could do a lot more. I felt that teaching (especially for this kind of money) with the way I felt, and balancing the baby and all, and with money a little tight, wasn't all that worth it for what I really could be doing.

I told her that I'm still young and I could go to school and make a heck a lot more money for a lot less work. She had to agree but said it would be a shame for the education system to miss out on me.

I'm a bighead.

I asked her if that meant I could get a raise, and she said to discuss it with the administrator on Friday.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like an amzing person and a great teacher, if my vote counts, you deserve the raise