Monday, May 21, 2007

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

The 8th grade has been down my back for ages to find out my nickname.

I promised them that if they scored a 93% average on their history test today I would tell them.

Well guess what? They studied their brains out and got a class average of 92.6. The girls all started adding their points from all the boxtops they had collected and the ones I had promised them... They ended at 92.99. I had to tell them.

My nickname is Twinkle.

They are still singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". I don't think I will ever live it down.

I was about to go into the seventh grade when AS came to tell me that she couldn't take the test because her grandfather had passed away that week and she couldn't study. I was upset, because I had told them about this test two weeks ago, but her grandpa died, so what could I do?

Then EMB gives me a note signed by her mother no less, that because she was helping all day for Shavuous, she couldn't take the test.

I ran to the office to scream. I was not going to let EMB get away with it. She knew about the test and she knew about Shavuous. Neither was a surprise to her, and if she thought that a note from her mom was going to get me to let her off she was WRONG.

Turns out that AS got a 96% and HB needs to retake it, and CSS and EMB both failed. The principal backed me up 100%.

SE and EL asked me on their index cards when my birthday is. I told them they missed it by a day. They were in 7th heaven that I finally told them.

And now, a well deserves Shavuous break!

No comments: